Thursday, January 26, 2012

For Moose..

My quest for getting healthy is not completely selfish. I mean sure, I would love to be comfortable in a bathing suit again and I would love to go out and buy cute, trendy clothes, but ultimately, my drive, my motivation is Moose.

I want him to see me as an active mom. I want to be able to run and chase him without having to take a break to catch my breath. I want him to think it's normal to pick up and go for a run, to eat veggies and lean meat. I don't want him to think that McDonald's and Dunkin Donuts is a staple in a normal diet. I don't want him to make healthy choices, I want the healthy choices to come naturally for him.

I have been on the heavier side most of my life. It's a difficult way to go through life (always wondering if people are watching what you eat, hearing the whispers "isn't she too heavy to wear that?", the assumptions "When are you due?"), I don't want him to deal with any of that.

I'm not ranting, I'm not pushing my beliefs on you. I am mainly giving myself a reminder as to my motivation. I have been sick the past few days and have been able to run or work out (believe it or not, I do MISS it) , and I know how easy it is to fall out of a routine.

Every time I look at him, I need to remember that it's all for Moose.

To the moon and back,

No comments:

Post a Comment