Monday, January 9, 2012

Breakfast Muffins

So, I have been MIA lately. I know, get off my back...

But now I'm back, from outer space, I just walked in to find you here, with that sad look upon your face... Oh wait, that's not right.

Anyway, I'm back baby! We have had quite a lot going on what with moving, holidays, ER visits, renovations, working, and so on, and so on...

It's now a new year and I want to wish everyone a happy and healthy New Year. Hubby, Moose and I are back to healthy. I am training for a 5K in February and hubby has been biking and running and we have all been eating better.

I am always looking for healthy meal ideas and can across an interesting on one Pinterest. I am horrible about breakfast and when I saw a recipe for a sort of breakfast muffin, I thought, "I can do that!" So... here is my creation. It is mighty tasting and less than 200 calories!
Breakfast Muffins
1 Can Reduced Fat Crescent Rolls
8 Egg Whites
8 Precooked Turkey Sausage Patties
1 Cup Diced Onions
1/2 Cup Skim Milk
3oz 50% Reduced Fat Cabot Cheese (Finely Shredded) Save a little to top each muffin
Black Pepper
Red Pepper

Preheat oven to 350. Line a muffin pan (not a cupcake pan) with one crescent roll per muffin hole. In a bowl, scramble the egg whites, milk, onions, peppers, and cheese. Once it is mixed well, pour equal amounts of the mixture in each muffin hole. Dice the turkey sausage patties and top each muffin with equal portions. Finish off by topping each muffin with the reserved shredded cheddar and then bake until the cheese on the top begins to brown.

Feel free to add more veggies (spinach, mushrooms, green peppers, broccoli, etc...)


They are great reheated for a quick breakfast or good for a brunch get together! Enjoy!

To the moon and back,

No comments:

Post a Comment