Sunday, February 26, 2017

Carrot Pumpkin Muffins or are they?

These are not the muffins, just a prep pic.
Today consisted of more prep. Now I don't want to scare you away from trying this detox because it seems like too much work. I'm putting this much time in so I have no excuses because I tend to be the queen of excuses when it comes to quitting. I prepared mini bacon (yes, bacon!) tomato spinach quiches, homemade mayonaise (second attempt), tuna salad and carrot pumpkin muffins.

Yes, you heard me right, carrot pumpkin muffins! I'm on a "diet" that allows carrot pumpkin muffins! I quickly envisioned this glorious carrot cake/pumpkin muffin hybrid, moist and decadent but probably "lightened up" with applesauce or something of the like. I mean, not only can I have bacon, I'm encouraged to have it on this diet, so a delicious muffin didn't seem far fetched. I thought "man, this will be a great pick-me-up when I'm craving something a little sweet after a few days. Ok, let's be honest, I'll be craving something about 8:45 tomorrow am.

I figure, I better make up some of these so as not to be tempted by the tasty treats I drive by on a daily basis. I quickly start gathering up the ingredients (I'm totally a gatherer, not a hunter). I make it about 4 ingredients in and low and behold, what do my wandering eyes come upon? 1 Banana mashed....

Ummm... excuse me? In what universe does a BANANA ever belong in either (pronounced eye-ther in this sentence) a scrumptious pumpkin muffin or a cinnamony carrot cake? A banana is the devils fruit. There are no two ways about it and anyone who likes them isn't right in the head. Mind you, I'm including my entire family in that sweeping generalization.

Blah... there go my dreams.

But I made them anyway. Blah.... Hubby and Moose liked them and Junior SCARFED them down. So, I guess it's a win.

I'm pretty sure I'll resort to trying to gag down one later this week.

It starts tomorrow...

to the moon and back,

No comments:

Post a Comment