Friday, February 24, 2017

21 Days...

Here we are, in the throws of 2017 and I don't think I have actually written anything since 2015. Loser, I know... I bet you're wondering why?? No? Well I'll tell ya anyway. Life. That's why. Something we have all succumbed to, so I know its not a good excuse. But, alas, here we are.

This year, I'm trying to focus on getting healthier "mind, body & spirit". After doing some yoga in January and some acupuncture, Chinese medicine and chiropractic, the next phase starts Monday.

The hubby and I are starting the 21 Day Sugar Detox. The thing is, I've felt really crappy for a while and I know it's because I've been eating like crap, or at least that's a good place to start. You are what you eat and the junk I have been "fueling" my body with, well, is just junk.... I've been tired, moody, sore, irritable, foggy headed. I don't sleep well and never feel rested. (I would like to insert here that I'm not looking for a quick fix or a magic pill or supplements, I won't stick to those and it's really not in the grocery budget since I also have to feed a family.) There's a laundry list of other symptoms but I'll stop there because I'm sure you're bored.

That's where the detox comes in. The hubby and I are ready to make a change for ourselves and the kiddos. They already eat way healthier than us, however, I see our bad habits creeping in and that scares me. Their health is in our hands and that's a heavy weight to bear.

Anyway, tonight I started prepping so we are ready to go on Monday. I made up some of the dressings from the cookbook.
Avo-goddess (pictured), Sesame Ginger Dressing and Balsamic Vinaigrette

I also attempted to make their homemade mayo. I say attempted, because I'm pretty sure I'll end up tossing it. The recipe called for "macadamia nut oil or any nut oil" so I thought, hmm.... cocoanut is a "nut" right? I'm pretty sure it is not. I also added sesame oil, because a seed is similar to a nut, right? Probably not, but, alas, here we are... Runny mayonnaise and all. Here's to hoping it sets up in the fridge.

I did cook the mustard glazed chicken thigh's tonight and they were delish, we will definitely do those again. All the boys, big and little, ate them up.

I'm going to try to keep you posted on our progress throughout, like how we are feeling, if we are losing weight, how the food tastes, if we have killed each other...

to the moon and back,

No comments:

Post a Comment