Monday, February 27, 2017

And so it begins

My dinner was better than yours.
Let the days of no sugar commence.

Today my hubby and I began our sugar detox. So far so good. I figured that I would write a little something every day about it because I'm sure it will be fascinating. But really, I'm doing this for two reasons; 1. To keep me accountable. If I have to report to my millions of fans, then surely I can't cheat. 2. So maybe I can inspire someone or assuage someones fears of trying.

I'm going to be honest about it all. No "sugar" coating, this is a sugar detox after all. (bu dum ching)

Now, not every blog I write for the next 21 days is going to be be detox centric, some may just have a blurb if theres not much to report. I still plan on being my hilariously, sarcastic self, for the most part.

Here's what my food looked like today (this is riveting stuff here, folks):

  • Breakfast
    • Coffee with half & half (missed my flavored creamer)
    • 2 Mini egg quiches (pretty good, but I made it a tad too salty and hubby didn't like the "squish" of the tomatoes)
    • Babybell cheese (I'm doing the version that allows full fat dairy)
  • Snack
    • Homemade trail mix (walnuts, pecans, sunflower seeds, pepitas, almonds)
  • Lunch
    • Tuna salad made with homemade mayo in lettuce cups
  • Snack
    • Green apple
    • More trail mix (my go-to, cause its convenient)
  • Dinner
    • Shephard's Pie (pictured above) with cauliflower mash (recipe from detox book) DELISH!
    • Brussel sprouts, asparagus, onions, mushrooms sauteed in bacon fat & coconut oil with balsamic vinegar (pictured below) So good!
    • Coffee with half & half (still miss my flavored creamer, but it's better than nothing)

I did drink a few seltzer waters today, but water is clearly where I am lacking. Why can't I hydrate with coffee?? I swear, I am probably perpetually dehydrated. It's sad really, but honestly, I don't drink a lot in general. It's not just water, it's anything really. I may drink a coke zero or two and obviously coffee, but that's really it. Definitely need to work on that.

Anyway, like I said, so far so good. I do have a headache as I write this, but I'm also a mom, business owner, wife, homemaker... so really that could be a number of things.

to the moon and back,

No comments:

Post a Comment