|My dinner was better than yours.|
Today my hubby and I began our sugar detox. So far so good. I figured that I would write a little something every day about it because I'm sure it will be fascinating. But really, I'm doing this for two reasons; 1. To keep me accountable. If I have to report to my millions of fans, then surely I can't cheat. 2. So maybe I can inspire someone or assuage someones fears of trying.
I'm going to be honest about it all. No "sugar" coating, this is a sugar detox after all. (bu dum ching)
Now, not every blog I write for the next 21 days is going to be be detox centric, some may just have a blurb if theres not much to report. I still plan on being my hilariously, sarcastic self, for the most part.
Here's what my food looked like today (this is riveting stuff here, folks):
- Coffee with half & half (missed my flavored creamer)
- 2 Mini egg quiches (pretty good, but I made it a tad too salty and hubby didn't like the "squish" of the tomatoes)
- Babybell cheese (I'm doing the version that allows full fat dairy)
- Homemade trail mix (walnuts, pecans, sunflower seeds, pepitas, almonds)
- Tuna salad made with homemade mayo in lettuce cups
- Green apple
- More trail mix (my go-to, cause its convenient)
- Shephard's Pie (pictured above) with cauliflower mash (recipe from detox book) DELISH!
- Brussel sprouts, asparagus, onions, mushrooms sauteed in bacon fat & coconut oil with balsamic vinegar (pictured below) So good!
- Coffee with half & half (still miss my flavored creamer, but it's better than nothing)
I did drink a few seltzer waters today, but water is clearly where I am lacking. Why can't I hydrate with coffee?? I swear, I am probably perpetually dehydrated. It's sad really, but honestly, I don't drink a lot in general. It's not just water, it's anything really. I may drink a coke zero or two and obviously coffee, but that's really it. Definitely need to work on that.
Anyway, like I said, so far so good. I do have a headache as I write this, but I'm also a mom, business owner, wife, homemaker... so really that could be a number of things.
to the moon and back,