Friday, January 11, 2013

I'm a "Yes" girl

That's me... a "yes" girl.

As I mentioned earlier, "No" doesn't frequent my vocabulary (unless you ask my husband, I'm fairly certain that he will tell you that I tell him "no" all of the time).

I am a people pleaser which makes me a "yes" girl. I want people to be happy and if I can do that by saying yes and helping them out, then why not?

Why not? Well, because as a "yes" girl, I tend to spread myself way (and I mean waaaay) to thin (and not thin in a good way!). I over-commit myself and am always rushing to get things done.

Here's my dilemma, I like being a "yes" girl. I like making people happy. I like doing things for people. If you have read the "5 Love Languages", my love language is "Acts of Service" (if you haven't read it, you should, I recommend it to every couple, married or not), that means that the way I show love it to do things for you.

I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings and I am constantly worrying "Oh, what will they think if I say this or do that?" Why does it matter? If they really love me then they will respect my opinion, right? But what if they get mad at me? What if they don't want to be my friend? I spend way too much time thinking about that kind of stuff. It's maddening, really...

So here's to 2013... the year I try to start being myself more, the year that I'm not afraid to hold back my opinions, the year I say "no" a little more and "yes" a little less...

To the moon and back...

No comments:

Post a Comment