Monday, November 14, 2011

It's Coffee Season!

That's right! It's that time of year when the weather is crisper (or at least a little less humid here in FL) and the days are shorter (it always seems more appropriate to drink coffee in the dark). By now, you should all know that coffee makes me happy, so this is my favorite time of year.

This is also the time of year when all of the "seasonal" creamers come out, which I love, but I do feel as though they are only teasing me because those flavors are only around for a short time. So it goes like this... I try a new creamer, I fall head over heels in love with it, and in two months its gone, never to return again (at least not til next season, if it went over well enough). Then January comes and there I will sit, broken hearted over my most recent love lost. What ever will I do? Will life go on? WHAT IS LEFT TO LIVE FOR (ok, besides my beautiful child and wonderful husband)??? Yes, I get this emotionally attached to ridiculous things such as creamer. (You think I'm bad? Ask my husband about the broken electric razor and that 1980's era digital clock radio that we just could not get rid of no matter what).

So annnnywhhheeerre (as Moose would say)... back to my dreamy, delectable, creamy, coffee enhancements. My favorite thus far this season? Oh, how do I limit it to just one? Can you choose a favorite child? Wouldn't that hurt the feelings of the other children? I mean, there are so many tasty one's out there right now. You all know my fondness for anything pumpkiny, so Coffeemate's Pumpkin Spice is up there. However, I came across a new one this year that I hadn't seen before, Brown Sugar Maple Latte. Whoa... A-MAZ-ING! The maple-ness comes through, but isn't over powering, it sweet, but not overly so. Ahhhh... it's just so good. I also have to say that I have always been a bigger fan of Coffee-mate's creamers (as opposed to International Delight's brand. Don't get me wrong, they have some flavors that are alright, but they all seem to have the same unpleasant aftertaste to me) and they didn't disappoint with this one. It's definitely on my list to remember for next year.

I am still looking forward to trying the Gingerbread Latte, the Sugar Cookie and the Pepermint Mocha ones. I am, however, not at all a fan of Eggnog, so that one will not be on my list, but, hey, that's just my humble opinion (as influential as I am) take it or leave it. My husband like the Eggnog one, but he's not right in the head, either.

To the moon and back,

No comments:

Post a Comment