Thursday, September 8, 2011

Oh, you just wait...

So, I took Moose to get a hair cut today (he was blessed with my thick head of hair) and we were standing the waiting area when Moose said "Hi" to a woman sitting there.

She replied "Hi, how are you?"

"Uh, Nick cut-a hair" he said while rubbing his hand through his shaggy brown hair.

"Oh, my he's so cute! I have a 4 year old at home, well almost 4. He's 3 he'll be 4 in December." (Um... December? That's like 3 months away, that's not almost 4, that's a little over 3 1/2. Moose will be 2 in 12 days and I still tell people he's 1, I don't want to age him one single day!)

I said "Thank you. He will be 2 in a few days."

"Oh," she said "He's big, like my son. So you haven't gone through the whole "terrible twos" or threes, yet, huh?"

I, (politely, mind you) replied "Well, so far he has been a really good baby. I haven't had much to deal with, it's been nice."

Almost angrily, she stated, "Yea, I thought mine was too, (snicker) that all changed. You just wait."

Ok, first off, I'm sorry you are raising a little hellion, but that doesn't mean that every child out there is doomed to be a little brat. Secondly, I didn't ask for your opinion, why would I? I don't even know you. If I wanted advice, I would go to my trusted friends and family, not a random stranger in a hair salon. Thirdly, why would you want to ruin my moment? Maybe Moose will turn out to be a holy terror (heaven forbid!), but if that's the case, why not let me live in the moment? Why do you feel it's your duty to warn me of my impending doom?

Thanks for your attempt at a PSA, but no thanks. I will ignore you "breeders of negativity"... I will relish these moments where my son is my perfect little angel!

No comments:

Post a Comment