Sunday, February 26, 2012

Disney Fun Run

Yes, they put "fun" and "run" together. I know it seems like an oxymoron (because no one thinks that running is fun), but besides the fact, that I have come to have fun running, Disney did a great job making it a fun time.

Well... besides the fact that we had to be there at 6:15am which meant that I had to be up at 4 to leave by 4:30am. I know, I'm crazy.

When we got there, the music was blasting and we were surrounded by 5,000 runners. A great majority of which were dressed as a Disney character. There were tons of Tinkerbells and Minnies, we saw a Perry the Platapus and Peter Pan. It really was cute.

The race started and Lacey and I kept a comfortable pace and finished at about a 12 and 1/2 min mile pace. It wasn't our best time, but we had so much fun and afterwards, we re-hydrated with coffee...

Lacey is already talking about training for a Half-Marathon (and you thought I was crazy!).

I'm looking forward to more races and I'll keep you guys posted.

By the way, you should check out my new couponing site, www.floridacouponsavers.com. We are all about helping real people save real money in the real world.

To the Moon and Back,
 

No comments:

Post a Comment