Friday, August 9, 2013

I am called to love...


I am called to love
I am not called to judge
There is no grey area
Your sin is no greater than mine
I am called to forgive
I am not called to hold harbor anger
You need the same forgiveness as I
You were given the same forgiveness as I
I am called to be satisfied
I am not called to be jealous
Material things are not lasting
Our rewards will come
I am called to accept
I am not called to condone
My heart is open all
But I am not here to enable
I am called to love the person
Regardless of race
Regardless of sex
Regardless of sin
I am called to be like Him
He who ate with tax collectors
He who did not judge the prostitute
He who died for all sinners
I strive to just love

These words have been swirling in my head the last few days.

to the moon and back,

No comments:

Post a Comment